Sunday 3 March 2019

Holding on and Letting go // Project 365 // Day 62


I’m currently stuck in limbo with a few people in my life. Torn between feeling like I need to get over it and I just want to talk.

Part of my thinking recently has been well if someone else gave up then why should I try. I have no room for half-assed relationships in my life.  I am no longer willing to be the only one putting energy into something when the other person has already checked out. I’m not going to set myself on fire to keep someone else warm.

So saying goodbye and learning to deal seems like such an obvious choice.

But nostalgia plays dirty games with your mind and tricks you into believing that things were better. And hope starts to make you believe that they could be again if you hold on.

But holding on hurts.

It’s like they get in the car and there safe and warm inside and all you want to be is a passenger, leave the door unlocked, and invite you in and instead your left  clinging onto the outside. And eventually it hurts to much to hold on.

So you have to let go.

There’s hurt in the healing.

But letting go is ultimately freeing.

You’ve got to make the decision to leave when the time comes.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment