Monday 18 September 2017

#MusicMonday: Remember Me - Jennifer Hudson

I went to see Dream Girls at the Savoy theatre in London at the beginning of summer, Amber Riley is honest to god perfection in the role of Effie White and gave me chills! But it was another powerhouse female with vocals to kill for who made me fall in love with the music, character and story, the one and only Miss Jennifer Hudson.

After taking a trip to see Dream Girls I started listening to Jennifer Hudson's music more than usual having previously seen her perform Remember Me on a talk show, I knew it was about time to download it, it is now a firm favourite of mine.

An upbeat tempo and gut wrenching lyrics paired with vocals that are as amazing as ever and just as you think it can't get any better a fucking gospel choir joins and creates pure genius. I can't wait to see a new album drop any time soon would be great.  I will forever be in awe of the amazing Jennifer Hudson.

... and I am telling you she ain't going.

enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment