Monday 14 September 2015

#MusicMonday: I got the Boy - Jana Kramer


Country music is a huge love of mine, I love the story telling aspect to country music... as well as the good ole' country  twang.

Jana Kramer has some amazing songs in her repertoire "Whisky" being one of my personal favourites from her self titled album released in 2011. Along with other amazing songs like "As good as you were bad", "Over you by now" and "I hope it rains".

"I got the boy" was the first release from her new album Thirty-One, set for a Uk release in October. Other songs already available to the public are "Love", "Circles" and "Bullet"

The song has a great narrative of finding that someone you once knew and loved is moving on and getting married. And realising how different the person you were with is to the person they are now. And with the chorus figuring out the differences between your loves. It's also an eye-opener into seeing how all our loves are important and define us and help us grow.



"I got the first kiss and she'll get the last
She's got the future, I got the past
I got the class ring, she got the diamond and wedding band
I got the boy, she got the man"


Find Jana elsewhere: 

No comments:

Post a Comment