Monday 16 November 2015

#MusicMonday: Whats Inside (Songs From Waitress) By Sara Bareilles


Is this cheating, I fell in love with "She used to be mine" the minute I saw it on Youtube and used it as a Music Monday so of course I had to investigate more and see that one of my favourite musician was writing Music and Lyrics for a musical based on the film "Waitress" a peculiar choice but I did enjoy the film so I'm not mad.


And after hearing the soundtrack I just can't stop, it is genuinely on constant repeat, every song is just amazingly put together. I feel caught up in it all already and it hasn't even hit broadway.

But what a fantastic idea to bring out this album... not a cast album but instead Sara singing the songs to give a wider audience a feel of this new musical.



To be honest I was going to narrow down some of my personal favourites, but its so good, and they all flow so well, which makes it hard to be like thats defiantly my favourite. But anyway here are the ones that I find myself humming away to the most.

She Used to be mine 
Bad Idea (Ft Jason Mraz)
Door Number Three 
When He Sees Me 

Not that I'll ever get to broadway in time to see this musical, that won't actually head there until Spring 2016, I still can't wait for it. I'm sure it will be phenomenal if the songs are anything to go by.



No comments:

Post a Comment