Thursday 17 July 2014

One day more...


Today consisted of Harrods and the National Gallery with some wandering in between and a lot of sitting soaking up the sun and the sights. 


Then tonight it was on to the much anticipated performance of Les Miserables. Now I have seen a really good armature production of Les Mis and of course have seen the movie countless times (though I'm still pissed at some of the movies choices) I've rewatched the 25th Anniversary concert DVD so many times just because it's so good. 
But this was the first time I've seen it done professionaly live and I wasn't disapointed the staging was fabulous the fact that the stage itself revolves makes the show flow effortlessly. The hype around les mis and the fact it's the longest running show does not in any way take away the pure talent and power fullness of this show and if you should have the opportunity to see it I strongly urge that you do. As seeing it on stage beats the movie a 1000x over. 




No comments:

Post a Comment