Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Heat is on in Miss Saigon


London day two and I'm a tourist... So sue me. But I love London and all it's sights. Once we were up we headed straight to Buckingham Palace which though I've been to London before I have never seen the palace and what a day we picked we made it just in time for the changing of the guards and them caught glimpses of Kate, Prince Phillip and THE QUEEN as there were driven out of the grounds (Kate drove herself). 



Then it was a lot more walking round this lovely city in this amazing weather seeing everything we wanted too. Before coming back to the hotel to freshen up. 


Then the heat was on in Miss Saigon. Now I must have heard the soundtrack for miss Saigon when I was 6 or 7 it was the first musical my mother ever took my brother to I was not taken along but my brother listened to the soundtrack for weeks after it. I have always loved the music but seeing the production took my breath away. The set design is truly amazing ( there was a frickin helicopter!) and all the cast were stunning within there roles. It's a truly powerful musical with such poignant moments and truths behind songs. It hits you from every angle and your hooked beginning to end in the lives of the characters before you. Definetly worth the wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment