Thursday 18 September 2014

Remember to Vote


I am a voter, I have a voice, I will be heard.

Today for Scotland is one of the biggest we will ever face as a country. We make the decision on whether or not to become independent. This vote has been debated for a while and in the past few weeks I am unable to go on any social media site without someone having an opinion on what way we all should vote and because I work with the public they also are very opinionated on what they believe is right.

But here it is September 18th 2014 and its strange, today feels like any other day, I am doing what I would do any other Thursday, but on top of that I am voting for the first time ever and after today we find out how we are going ahead as a country. Changing the country whatever way the vote turns.

So here are a few things to remember:

  1. VOTE: I don’t care how you vote, just make sure you do. If you have the power too,  you need to make your voice count.
  2. RESPECT OTHERS VOTE: this one is as equally important, a lot of people are very strong minded in their opinion and there has been bullying and scare tactics from both sides. Everyone has to respect one and others vote, we are lucky enough to live in a democratic country and we can choose whichever way we please
  3. THINK: possibly the most important thing,  there is still time before you go to the polls to do research  to make sure you are all clued up. Do not vote a certain way because friends, family or celebrities are. But also don’t vote a certain way because you hate whoever. Have your facts, understand this huge decision you are making and pick what you think is right. Do not have your vote influenced.

This is your vote, make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment