Friday 26 September 2014

Welcome to 4am


I think for any of you who has read my blog before, I write in drips and drabs with no kind of clear point. I have a million bits of paper filled with half an idea. I am very easily distracted. But today I'm sharing with you a bit of writing that was inspired by all my unfinished work.  

WELCOME TO 4AM
This is the Writing hour
the unseen moments
the writer alone, pad and pen in hand
mind running wild
hurry to scribble everything down, before it is gone
inspired by the maybes,  the what ifs, the could not's
reflecting on the different roads that could have been

This is the lonely hour
where thoughts
drown you
captivate you
confuse you
exhaust you
unsure of what to do
or if you can do it
becoming an empty shell of who you were
you continue

This is the creative hour
full of ideas unfinished, unseen
other worlds full of people who live only on paper
who’s life’s you  write
as a break from yours
These are the moments before sleep captures you
squiggly lines that remember words scratch along the page
thoughts are lost
the notepad falls out of your hand
as you drift off…
-HR ©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment