Tuesday 23 September 2014

the year is nearly over...


It’s like all of a sudden the dark nights have drawn in. You blink and its night time, and that’s it summer is over. We head into autumn then winter once more.

With only a hundred days left in 2014 I was suddenly hit with the feeling that yet another year had come and gone wasted. There had be so much I wanted to do, so much I had planned to do and I feel as though I have done nothing. Which is not true 2014 for me has been filled with many great things which I seem to have the tendency to overlook when looking back. Months have merged together in my mind and it feels as though things that I did in February happened years ago.

I have been to numerous concerts, met my favourite band, indulged in nights out, trips to the cinema, went to the Edinburgh fringe, took a trip to London, made a music vid and that’s to name a few, I have been lucky to have a year filled with so many highs.

With that there have also been lows; this year has challenged me in ways I didn’t think I’d ever have to be challenged. I’ve seen behind peoples masks and struggled to cope with the flawed human underneath. Which sounds shallow, I guess, but when you have had people around you for so long they accumulate a pedestal, one that they don’t deserve. No one should be judged harder just because you have higher expectations for them.

On top year is the most unhappy I have been at work (and I have had the same job since I was sixteen)  and I’m sure one day when I have a million other things that I’m struggling with that I will remember my little cashiers job fondly, I will remember the nights filled with great banter instead of the extended shifts, the can you come in at short notice, the untold shifts but you have to magically appear for and the other many great frustrations that come with a flexi contract. But for now it’s a means to an end, it funds the concerts, nights out and other things that made this year great.

So there are still 100 Days, ones that should be filled with magic and memories. Don’t waste your time once a year is gone that it. There are no re-dos, we will wave in another new year in filled with new promises and fresh hope, and whatever the bad was that happened to us this year can be washed away, left in the past, and we move on taking only the good with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment