Friday 26 June 2015

Idina Menzel [Review]

I feel like I have waited a lifetime to see Miss Menzel. I remember being eight-ish and hearing the Wicked Soundtrack for the first time. Straight away I feel in love with the soundtrack and of course the song Defying Gravity. It started an unfaltering love of Musical theatre and the lady herself.  It wasn't to long after that I watched Rent and have basically followed her career since.

So on Wednesday June 24th when Idina Menzel took stage at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow I felt like I was eight again. Hearing her live was something else entirely she is just mesmerising. And though many know her from Frozen fame the lady is not afraid to let out some curses throughout the show.

Belter-ing out "Defying Gravity" and covering "Creep", "Tomorrow", dedicating "No day but today" to Jonathan Larson the man that helped start her career. Honouring powerhouse Ethel Mermen with a medley of songs. Throwing in songs from her albums "I stand" and "Still I can't be still". Having the audience help her out on "Take me or leave me" Idina covered everything you expected from her and then some. And looked like she was having a great time doing so.

So not only was she a great performer who I am incredibly glad that I got the opportunity to see live. She was funny and real.  Creating a perfect evening with Miss Idina Menzel.




No comments:

Post a Comment