Wednesday 1 June 2016

Monthly Motivation: Looking Back and Moving On


I recently realised that this is the first May in five years where I haven't had exams or graded unit. And if I had remembered that at the beginning of the month that may have felt more freeing. Thinking about it now, I realise what bad connotations I have of the month, previously they have just been stressful and left me a wreck. 

This year though May was a place for old things to start a new. I have really tried. I’ve worked hard on old friendships, of people who I would like back in my life properly. And its been good. It's been really good

I’m also trying to work on things that I enjoy more, I’m filming my week so that I can spend some proper time editing. I missed editing. And this time last year I was probably saying the opposite because I was working towards a dead line. 

Its fun to look back at the week, see what I’ve filmed, see how I can improve my filming and editing techniques and then just release it out there. 

And though I still need to do more things for me, instead of just letting myself procrastinate, thats a problem to move forward with. 

This May will be looked back on positively, there were moments where I struggled but to be honest this month has had so many highs, and as we move into June its already shaping up to be a good month (though June is historically a good month for me)


Looking back has it's uses as we move on, it helps us grow, heal, change. Getting stuck in the past leaves us bitter, hurt, and unready to move on. And as life only moves forward you have to be ready to keep on keeping on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment