Monday 10 October 2016

#MusicMonday Let Me Fall - Bethany Joy Lenz

October has been around for a little over a week and I haven't really had time to sit down and dedicate any time to the blog, so I really meant to make this last weeks #MusicMonday but ran out of time. Something I run out of all to easily these days.

Bethany Joy Lenz has never realised a studio version of Let Me Fall, it was aired in an episode of One Tree Hill way back in the day and the only audio copies you will be able to find have characters voices over it or is broken up as someone has obviously tried to remove the character audio.

Idina Menzel covered the song as a bonus tack on a special edition release of her 2008 album "I Stand" a more pop(pier) version of the song, but holds it own all the same.


The Song always pops into my mind this time of year because of the opening lyrics "It's October again the leaves are coming down, one more years come and gone and nothings changed at all" and each year this song seems to resonate at some level.

So I took to a favourite little Autumnal spot and caught some footage and then covered the song myself this year. I'm not a good singer by any means, but I love the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment