Monday 25 August 2014

#MusicMonday: Fast Car - Tracy Chapman


Life has been rather busy recently. I feel like I'm never not working. I was sitting in the break room at work and this song came on the radio. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman is sheer brilliance.

Me and one of my friends used to sit up all night and send each other song links to each other and this song was certainly sent a lot, so whenever I hear this song it always makes me think of her. 

Chapman is a multi-award winning singer-song writer who has been writing songs and playing guitar since she was eight. The song peaked at no6 in the US and no5 in the uk in 1988. The song has rentered the uk charts again in 2007, 2010 and 2011 peaking in 2011when it reached no4. Rolling Stones also ranked this song no167 on there 2010 list of The 500 greatest songs of all time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment