Monday 4 August 2014

#MusicMonday: if/Then a new musical

       


Today's #MusicMonday was brought to you by fate. My brothers friend has returned home after a trip to New York and had went to see If/Then (I can't contain my jealousy) and got my brother the if/Then playbill and programme so he handed me them to look at when he came in whilst I was watching Hercules which LaChanze is in ( Terpischore the muse of dance) as you can see fate. 

If/then is a brilliant new musical from the creators of the equally amazing Next to Normal; Tom Kitt, Michael Grief and BrianYorkey. The show also stars an array of great talent with Idina Menzel, LaChanze, James Snyder and Anthony Rapp. If this hasn't already made you think this is the set up for a great musical the storyline seals the deal. 

If/Then follows Idina Menzels character Elizabeth a New York native who has recently returned after 12 years away and she is working to rebuild her life in the city. A chance moment means that there are two choices that take her life in two totally different paths. To go with Lucas played by Anthony Rapp an old class mate who calls her Beth or to go with Kate a new neighbour who refers to her as Liz the show splits and both choices are played out. 

This is definitely a show if you have the chance to see you should. I shall be sitting here in Scotland forever envious that for the foreseeable future I won't get to see if/then on a Broadway stage. For the time being I shall sit listening to my cast recording that I thoroughly recommend you all get, the songs are catchy and inspirin, with very relatable lyrics for anyone all about life, love and starting over 

You can find if/Then










No comments:

Post a Comment