Monday 17 November 2014

I am NOT a morning person

Ask anyone who knows me I am many things, some good - some bad, but the one thing I am most defiantly not is a morning person. Peeling myself from the warmth of my nest in the ‘wee’ hours of the morning becomes a task that is both physically painful and mentally exhausting. 

It normally takes several alarms set and many attempts before I can even bare to remove the covers and embrace the cold. And thats not even where the hard morning ends, once the light is turned on the challenge is to adjust myself to this unsuspected brightness and make my way down the hall (which by no means is a long walk) without injuring myself severely, many a stub toe has been a result of a hazy morning. 

Then I have to will myself to get ready, make up, hair, clothes… why cant we just have an automatic machine like in futuristic movies where it just zaps and there we are perfect for the day ahead… but no here I am looking for my other shoe, how I am constantly losing only one shoe when I defiantly, without a doubt take them off together and proceed not to move them until I need them again.  

So when I leave the house half bedraggled probably a little late…. or like you know a lotta late I am in no more of a good mood and am now daydreaming of my bed once more and knowing I can’t be in it makes me a whole big irritate-able mess. Little things, tiny details that normally go overlooked suddenly bug me to no end and I have to bite my tongue more that I would admit to not snap at people who probably aren't doing anything wrong…. most of the time. 

Then comes the unstopping yawns, proclaiming to everyone that I am tired, and the little comments like you should go to your bed earlier, or where you out late last night come along, this does not help in the slightest with my annoyance with the world. 

But when I get home and can safely climb back into bed suddenly I am wide awake, unable to sleep I stay awake and content myself with series of tv shows, or a movie… maybe 5, start a book, or an ides, write, erase, write, erase, write, erase. Tweet. Eventually find sleep, and morning is here again. 


For a night owl I am but a morning person I will never be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment