Monday 14 December 2015

#MusicMonday: Fairytale of New York - The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl

In an idillic world, I would be sat in a bar somewhere in New York, it would be Christmas Eve and just as last calls were ordered this song would come on, then once it had finished I would step out into the cold night and wander for a while.

"Fairytale of New York" is my all time favourite Christmas Song, its truly timeless.  Shane McGowans harsh and gritty voice paired with Kirsty MacColl's more melodic voice, make an unlikely but amazing pairing.

The song as what must be some of the greatest lyrics ever and an even greater story arc. Not just for a christmas song. This is always the first christmas song that I choose to listen to. I never get tired of it I can spent hours without realising that I have had it on repeat.

Fairytale Of New York

The Pogues

No comments:

Post a Comment