Thursday 10 December 2015

Take a Break: Skin Care

Being a little strapped for cash with it being the festive season I was left sort-of neglecting buying my cleanser and just using face wipes. Which do serve a purpose they just don't do an amazing job.

So after my face decided to have a bit go a major breakout I decided I just had to go and get some and have a little TLC time with my skin.

I have combination skin normal and oily. Have suffered from spots since I was about 10 and have when through many different brands, creams, cleanses. Some made my skin breakout in not
only spots but rashes. Irritating my already irritated skin. Some came in at too hefty a price, some just didn't seem to do much at all.  Skin care is all about what works for the person, and of course not breaking the bank trying to find it.

I started using No7 Beautiful Skin Normal/Oily products at the beginning of the year and have used them on and off again as I am terrible at keeping up with skin care routines. My mind often goes to a place where I think my skin is terrible so why try. Which is the worst attitude to have because then it gets worse and days like these need to happen.

My Face TLC routine:

I first use a face wipe to remove most of my make-up. I wear a full face most days as thats my preference and how I feel most comfortable. Though I know its not necessary whats best for my skin. Then I use the Cleansing Water to properly rid my face of any remaining make-up and then I use the cleansing foam to help refresh my face and make it feel less dry, which I sometimes feel the Cleansing water does.

I then exfoliate both my skin with the No7 exfoliator. And my lips with the amazing Bubblegum lip scrub from Lush, which leaves my lips feeling amazing, especially in the winter when my lips dry up and go a bit chapped.

I then do a combo mask putting the Pore vacuum mask on my T-zone are and the Purifying mask on the rest of my skin. My favourite thing about the purifying mask is that it heats up as you rub it into your skin. Then I leave that whilst I have an relaxing bath, because how else would you complete a pamper session.

Once I take the masks off, the worlds most satisfying feeling I think is removing the Pore Vacuum mask as you peel it. Then take the Purifing mask off with just water.  I once again  using the cleansing water to make sure my skin is fresh and clean and then moisturese.

I can literally hear my skin thanking me as yes I can sometimes be found going to bed without removing my make-up which I know is such a huge faux-pas.



No comments:

Post a Comment