Saturday 16 April 2016

Take a Break : Creative Lunch


Costa recently opened in the town where I work, not a lot of big chains have made it out our way, and it's been really handy to grab a coffee, hot chocolate or frappuchino on the go. I've been meaning to actually sit in, there's not many places like this around where I live and with free wifi I knew it come in handy at some point. 

A few days ago between going to the gym and work I had sometime to kill, so opted to have a late lunch in Costa, laptop in hand footage to edit, trusty notebook to write Ideas in and Kate Hudsons Pretty Happy to flick through if I had spare time, I got myself a wrap and treated myself to a hot chocolate with whip cream and choose a seat in the back and plugged myself in. 

I no longer have the fear of being in places alone, I'm totally content in sitting and having lunch with myself, especially when I'm keeping busy, I know that this is something that can bother a lot of people but once your try out a few things you really get in to the swing of things and getting comfortable with your own company is a really good life skill to have... I'd start with going to the cinema yourself before progressing to lunch out. 

Being in the coffee shop is totally different from being at home and I felt way more productive, I wasn't as easily distracted... and I'm very easily distracted... and I got things done. Though sometimes its easy to be in a familiar environment, this meant that normally wasted time was put to better use so I think this will definitely become a thing that I do when I have time before work.  

On top of having time to work on blog an vlog stuff it also was a little TLC time, a moment to check in with me, treat myself to a genuinely gorgeous pulled pork wrap and a dessert like hot chocolate.  Treat myself and have a moment to sit down and gather my thoughts. 

Anyway take a moment to have a creative lunch to yourself... or just have a lunch. Treat yourself and take a break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment