Saturday 9 April 2016

Take A Break : Family Time

Family time its not something I often have time for, yes I see my parents regularly, but outwith that my family are a little spread out and I rarely see any of them. My grandparent, as well as my Uncle and his family live an hour away (the rest of my family are in England, New Zealand and America) and since I started my job, going over for lunch on the occasionally Saturday just became non-exsistant.

I think we all go through a phase in our lives where family does hold as high a priority as it should, so many other things come first, and to be honest I think we all understand, the important thing is to make time now and again for your family.

So on my day off, I arranged to go into town with my Mum and meet my Gran w
ho is looking after my little cousin whilst the schools are off and have lunch.

We had a lovely afternoon, there's 11 years between me and my cousin so I spent a lot of the afternoon spelling out words to the story I was helping her write or giving her ideas on what to draw next. She had been to the Disney Store and bought herself a notebook with Birthday Money, so was excited to be using it over lunch.

We also had a wander round some of the shops as well, and I found out your never to old to get treated by your Gran, when she got my a pintrest-esque milk bottle from Paperchase.

A part of me wasn't overly excited about the afternoon, but I forget how nice it is to spend some quality family time, to just be able to spend some time together uninterrupted quality time and make some memories.

So if your able to, take a break out of your life and spend some time with the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment