Friday 1 April 2016

Monthly Motivation | Holding On and Letting Go

March has been a weird one. I wanted to be so productive but was struck down by a cold/flu type where I lost my voice and all my energy for a large portion of the month as well as having to work a lot more than I had initially expected. 

So when I decided to gut my room I didn’t realise just quite how long it would take. Or that I would still be here at the end of the month trying to get everything done.  

I was re-evaluating everything that I have kept over the years and what was my reason for doing so I was being ruthless. I’m a not so secret hoarder everything has a memory or an emotional attachment and I can find a reason to keep all most everything… a reason to not let go.  

I’m a lot like that with grudges and friendships. I don’t let go when I should, I don’t hold on when I should.  

So when I was re-evaluating the baggage that was clogging up my room, I began to re-evaluate the baggage that was clogging up my mind. And to properly let go of things. as well as to try and hold on to others whilst I still could.  

It’s a hard process somethings are just to hard to let go of all together, somethings need to be put back in the box for next time.  


But in the end you feel lighter, like a huge weight has been lifted from you. And yeah it might take a little longer than you thought and it might be a little harder than you’d imagine. But you’ll get there and so will I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment