Tuesday 16 April 2019

You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup // Project 355 // Day 106


Today I felt emotionally, mentally and physically spent. The weekends nights out and works early mornings are taking its toll and I really needed to catch up on my sleep. 

After skipping going to the gym after work I felt defeated but honestly just longed to be at home. My body ached, my knee was playing up and I mentally couldn't push myself further. 

I crashed in my bed and slept for what felt like forever and was in reality only an hour, I woke up panicked wondering why my alarm wasn't going off, cursing going to work. It took me a minute to get my bearings and realise that it is intact the afternoon and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. 

It was a realisation of how drained I am, and that you can't expect more from yourself when you are not properly recharging and resting yourself. 

You can't pour from an empty cup.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment