Monday 27 May 2019

Put yourself first // Project 365 // Day 147


You have to put yourself first sometimes.

The last few weeks for me have been mainly positive, I’m working on me for me.

I think when you’re doing well after a bad spell people can forget the work that was put in to get to the place you’re in.

An opportunity has arisen at work where a lot of people are asking if I’m going to do it. And my honest answer that comes from the most I’ve accepted my path and my place is no.

I struggled a few times with setbacks from the same opportunity and when I finally got to a place of what I thought was healing I threw  myself into the same hurt expecting different outcomes.

And though I acknowledge  this positive place I’m living in and that I have changed and grew from the experience. I’m not prepared to jeopardise where I am on this journey.

I sacrificed a lot over the years for thankless tasks in a role that does have enough of a pay rise to make it worth it.

I’m finally in a place where I have the confidence to go out into the world again. And I’m working hard to retain that.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment