Tuesday 24 March 2015

Top Five Favourite Disney Princesses

A countdown of my top five favourite Disney princesses!

5) Cinderella – Cinders’ the original rags to riches. It’s a story that has been done again and again and I don’t really think I really appreciated the classic princess until my pre-teen obsession with a Cinderella Story or Ever After when I realised how much I do truly love the story. I can’t wait to go see the new version in the cinema.

4) Aurora – My first Disney Princess obsession… I think it was the hair, it was flawless. And when I was little I had blonde hair, So I think that’s how I wanted my hair to be when I grew up, but by age of 4/5 I was brunette. My dad still teases me on how much he had to sit through Sleeping Beauty when I was little… apparently for quite a while it was the only thing I would watch. Though I don’t appreciate her on quite the same level anymore she’s a classic.

3) Ariel - If you didn’t want to be a mermaid after watching the Little Mermaid then you’re lying. Like it sucks so much that Ariel didn’t appreciate being a mermaid, because that looks fun. She was also like fifteen and a fish so of course her dad was strict and told her to stay away from humans. But at the end of the day Ariel ventured of on her own to find where she fit in the world. And I totally dig her wanderlust, plus the hair!

2) Belle – She didn’t fall in love after a millisecond of meeting the beast, she waited till the beast gave her a library and that’s basically all I wanted in life as a little girl, that plus the singing and dancing cutlery, crockery ect. She didn’t mind the townspeople thinking she was different, she was happy and contended in her own little world with her dad. I thought that was sweet.

 1) Elsa – I think technically she’s a queen and rightly so… I know a lot of people think she’s over rated. But I think she’s the only princess to not have a romantic relationship. She struggled with her fears for years and shows that you can get over them, but that its not easy to ‘just’ get over them. She has opened a new generation to Disney and brought a generation back. Plus her hair!

 
Were they princesses?
  • Meg - I adore this strong chick
  • Mulan - She saved China, need I say more!
  • Pocahontus - She can paint with all the colours of the wind
 
Honourable Mentions
  • Merida - The first Scottish Princess  
  • Tiana - Her work-orientated thinking made me appreciate this girl so much
  • Rupunzel - I love the fact she uses pans as weapons.
  • Snow white (The Original Princess) - You got to give it to her, she came first.

No comments:

Post a Comment