Monday 23 March 2015

#MusicMonday: Top 10 Disney Songs

I am having a disney week on this blog... in honour of going to Disney On Ice on Sunday which I am so excited about!!!

10) Thats How You Know - Enchanted: This song is brilliant for many reasons, it has the very disney-esque production, but on a real life scale with a confused Patrick Dempsey acting like how anyone would if everyone in the park suddenly burst into song and dance. Its utterly brilliant and really,  truly catchy. 

9) Why Should I worry - Oliver and Company: This little gem regularly gets stuck in my head, even if I haven't watched the movie in ages. Though I think It's often forgotten about when talking about Disney. 



8) I'll make a man out of you - Mulan : Ack I love this song. How can you not, It's the ultimate motivation song. Get it on your workout mix, you won't be sorry.








7) Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast: When I think about Disney songs this is one of the first that come to mind, very little live up to the standards of Be Our Guest. Especially visually not only is it lyrically brilliant, catchy, exciting. The scene is visually breath taking when you think about it all being drawn by hand. 






6) Hakuna Matata - The Lion King: Of course this is on the list how could it not be... it means no worries for the rest of your days. I think I can speak for a lot of people that The Lion King is one of the best (If not thee best) for Songs. Both Stage and Screen version host a variety of songs that will have you singing for weeks. But Hakuna Matata just might top the boat in catchiness plus the brilliant transition from young to adult Simba. 

5) I won't say I'm in love - Hercules: Meg, my favourite Heroine sings one of the best songs for girls in Hercules, complete with greek chorus whats not to love...





4)Part of your world - The Little Mermaid: This has always been a favourite of mine how could it not be. Its such a brilliant song that only gets better with age.



3) Friends on the Other Side - The Princess and the Frog: I feel that this is such a bridge between old school disney and new school disney and just embodies a villain song. It is equally creepy and brilliant visually, vocally, lyrically. Its just a shame that the Princess and the Frog is so easily
overlooked.
2) Let It Go - Frozen: I got his with Frozen fever and it's not over yet. I love Let It Go (though Idina Menzel could sing the alphabet and I would think its brilliant, the lady is TALENTED) It's such an anthem, and I know the rest of the world is tired of it, but I'm going to go crank it up and sing along some more.


1) Colours of the Wind - Pocahontas: Why is Pocahontas so brilliant.. I don't know. Is it because there is a talking Willow tree, probably. But most likely cause it has brilliant songs like Savages, just around the riverbend and my personal favourite Colours of the Wind. 






No comments:

Post a Comment