Monday 21 March 2016

#MusicMonday Daydreamer Believer - The Monkees

On Friday morning I had the unfortunate task of starting work at 6am, not something that I had been looking forward to.. who wants to go to work in the dark? But there I was before the customers. Well I showed up early, the shop opens at 6am. The nightshift are allowed to play music over the intercom (a privilege the rest of us only get at christmas... which after day two losses a bit of its appeal!) and at 6am this song came on, either by coincidence or a well timed play list.

"the six o'clock alarm would never ring" made me laugh and then even in my hazy half asleep state I found myself singing along to this catchy tune.

I love "Daydreamer Believer" its a song thats truly stood the test of time, first released in 1967,  28 years before I was born and now here I am 20 years later and can still recite all the lyrics.

When researching this song (Looking up when this was initially released) I heard the re-recorded John Stewart version, released in 1971, as this was one of the last songs he released whilst he was with the monkees and decided to do it his way I guess when he went solo.  His version with some lyrics changed is way more country and a little bit more bitter about love. But also really good.

Any who today also awakes me to a 6am shift. And as much as I don't want my alarm to go off it will "ring and I rise, wipe the sleep out go my eyes" and I'll get on with the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment