Monday 7 March 2016

#MusicMonday : When I'm Gone - Joey and Rory

In my early teens I went through a country phase... one I've never fully shaken, Country is just such an amazing genre. The first song of Joey and Rory's I ever stumbled upon was "Cheater Cheater" which is such a fun song and one that easily gets caught in your head.

I remember then watching videos of there journey on "Can You Duet" and thinking how genuinely in love they looked at each other. I never followed thee personal lives much but kept going back to there songs such as "See You There", "To Say Goodbye" and "This songs for you".

A few months ago I rediscovered this "When I'm Gone" and read one of the top comments which mentioned Joey's cancer diagnosis. I went to there Facebook page and have since been following Rory's blog, the man has a way with words.  There faith and attitude in the final months of Joey's life was awe inspiring.
On Friday Joey sadly lost her fight to cancer, and my deepest apologies to there family and Friends. Joey seems to have made a huge impact on everyone she has met.  And the world a little worse of without her.

When Joey and Rory originally recorded this weeks Music Monday "When I'm gone" it was written by Sandra Lawrence whilst caring for her dying mother. The couple choose it to go on there album "His and Hers". When it came to making the beautifully devastating video it was decided on the day that it was going to be filmed in a way that it was Joey singing to Rory.

A gift from Joey to Rory and her girls. They now have her singing that it will all be fine whenever the days get to hard and they need to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment