Wednesday 17 February 2016

Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes

I honestly adore baking there is something so therapeutic about baking, a feeling so utterly different to cooking a meal which I always get a little stressed about.

My Gran turned 70 (and my Uncle turned 40) over the weekend so I made two batches of gluten free cupcakes (Will post about the other ones later) I was a little apprehensive about Gluten Free Baking as most recipes online asked for several more ingredients than the simple ones that I had went for. Which made me worry that they were not going to taste right at all.

But these Gluten Free Red Velvet ones went down a treat and had easily vanished throughout the day.


 The Mixture

  • 140g Unsalted Butter 
  • 165g Caster Sugar 
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Eggs 
  • 175g Gluten Free Plain Flour 
  • 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
  • 125ml Milk
  • Red Food Colouring 
  • 1 Teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder


The Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 300g Icing Sugar 
  • 50g Unsalted Butter
  • 125g Cream Cheese 




My Method of baking is very much just throw everything together and hope for the best. I put all the dry ingredients together first, sifting everything first just to be sure.  I soften the butter before adding (Because it makes everything easier) add anymore wet ingredients and leave the milk for last. I added the food colouring after everything was mixed. You can use as much or as little as you want.  But I still haven't perfected the whole making a red velvet cake red yet.  

For the Cream cheese frosting I sifted the Icing sugar, softened the butter and added the cream cheese (I used Philadelphia) and Mixed together, be careful not to over mix though it can go too soft and then it doesn't look as nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment