Monday 18 February 2019

If the Sinister Happens // Project 365 // Day 49


I walked through this close the other morning genuinely terrified of my own shadow. I’m getting jumpy in my old age.

This week I was helping my mum changed the mortgage contract or something. I don’t know. But after I completed the application it listed other services that you might need and one of them was Life Insurance.

After speaking to my mum I realised that it was another one of these adult things I should really start looking into. So started to do some research gave up pretty quickly.

But today I got a phone call from someone trying to follow up and help me through it and asked me why I was looking into it. And the truth of the matter is. Just incase something sinister happens. Funerals can be expensive and I want to make sure that it’s taken care of.

Not something I ever thought I’d be seriously looking into at 23 but then also why not. We talked about other options that make a lot of sense to add to a policy like critical illness and income protections. And I’m waiting to hear back some quotes before making decisions.

But it’s another adulting milestone I feel like I’m accomplishing.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment