Thursday 28 February 2019

You Will Be Found // Project 365 // Day 59



Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you’re broken on the ground
You will be found


Today the pre-sale tickets for Dear Evan Hansen’s West End run went on sale, and oh my god was it stressy when the email didn’t come through at noon with the link I started doubting that I had signed up for it in the first place. I had got someone to cover the first hour of my shift. As I was meant to start at 12 so I could buy the tickets.

I got ready, was driven up to work all whilst making sure the screen didn’t go off and lose my place in the queue. My dad held my phone whilst I went through the back so I wouldn’t lose signal. And when I came back out and had to start my shift and my dad had to leave to go to work. I thought that was me I wasn’t going to get them.

I work customer facing and I couldn’t keep up with keeping my phone on the screen then purchasing my tickets.

My friend was going through the till at the time and when I poured about my predictement offered to stand with my phone for a bit. Forty minutes later they had left with my phone for a while and come back. With 10 minutes to go they stayed near so I could tell them my sign in details. My manager lurking so I couldn’t be seen to be to involved. They had my card and I watched on panicked

But thanks to some amazing people in my life who cover shifts, chauffeur me about and wait in virtual queues for me. I will be attending Dear Evan Hansen in November.  I’m so greatful and undeserving to have folk who help me out like this.

I can not convey how nerve wracking the wait or elating the moment when I finally got the tickets was.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment