Wednesday 20 March 2019

Barrowland // Project 365 // Day 79


From my first real concert at 15, for years I didn't count the concert my parents took me to when I was little, as I always prefer to tell people my first concert was My Chemical Romance and not S-Club 7. I spent a lot of my youth going to see different bands. this all kinda fell away in the last year or two. But I still truly believe there is nothing better than live music.

I discovered some of my favourite bands whilst going to gigs.  The Blackout whilst seeing Panic! at the Disco, Patent Pending at a Bowling for Soup gig, Lacey when we went to see Patent Pending on tour, Stephen Kellogg when at last minute we went to see Matt Nathanson. And that's just to name a few. There's a power to live music and I live near some rather good venues.

I managed to experience some great venues before they turned into drinking spots the arches in Glasgow and HMV Picture House now renamed the Caley Picturehouse the nicest wetherspoons I've ever been in. Both spots to experience as they are now if you get the chance.

I've even filmed Casey Shea at the Oran Mor, one of my favourite venues and then returned to a different part of the Oran Mor to photograph a Graduation Ball.

But amidst this all I never made it out to the Barrowland Ballroom, a venue I've always admired from a far because of that big glowing sign.

So last Friday when I ventured out for dodie's gig I was excited to finally experience the Barrowlands. The venue is lovely the acoustics are great, drinks not to pricy and you spend your night under the iconic starry sky.

I've still got many venues to tick of my list, but I don't need excuses to go back to gigs, friday was enough to remind me how much I missed that.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment