Sunday 24 March 2019

Heavy Debates // Project 365 // Day 83


Today I talked about heavy subjects.

Religion, Politics, Money.

And it didn't feel all that heavy.

I mainly try and stay away from these subjects especially with the current political climate as I don't want to spark any angered heated debates. I have my views and you have yours is my normal leave it there type of thinking.

Instead of my normal approach I spoke about these subjects with people who have different, some opposing views. People who looked at things differently.

Agreeing on very little, but all interested in each others opinions because there is so much to be learned from the people around you.

I find it all fascinating, I like learning what other people have concluded from situations and how they have reached their line of thinking. So if you have a chance to sit down with people who aren't screaming that you're wrong, or are trying to change your viewpoint but instead just want to show how they see things. Take that chance and converse with them.

You will leave the conversation enlightened. Life is full of people who have walked down different roads than the one you are on.

They have seen life differently. And so have you.

In high school my Modern Studies teacher would often have the class debate opposing views and discuss what we felt before and after the debate and I miss that maturity to subjects. People got to have a view without feeling attacked.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment