Thursday 7 March 2019

Opening Up // Project 365 // Day 66


In my fridge sits a piece pie, what remains of my night seeing Waitress. It’s last pre-view tonight it is officially “Opening up”  and if last night was anything to go by I can assure you it will be glorious.

This cast really gel together, every interaction, every movement feels real. You really get lost in the story and feel and off into for these Characters.

I bought these tickets before casting was released and honestly could not have got luckier with who graced the stage.

Katherine McPhee who I have loved since Smash, is effortless as Jenna, she breaks your heart with She Used to be Mine, you can feel her frustration in What Baking can do.

Marissa Wallace as Becky is hilariou and  she will blow you away with “I didn’t plan it”

Laura Baldwin as Dawn has great comical timing “When he sees me” is so funny not only lyrically but the choreography is key in  making the whole scene as hysterical as it was.

The men of the show David Hunter, Stephen Leask and Jack McBrayer are all hysterical. Ogie’s moments are some of the funniest in the show, Cal’s annoyance with the waitress’s and his showdowns with Becky are brilliant and Dr Pomatter will give you second hand embarrassment at a moments notice.

Hating Earl is part of the show, Peter Hannah plays him so well through the shows harsher realities.

Shaun Prendergast singing “take it from an old man” will melt your heart.

The ensemble were amazing throughout the seasons, whither customers at the diner, guests at a wedding or playing pivotal parts in flashbacks there was always something happening that you were drawn to.

All in all what I’m trying to say is I loved it.

I got goosebumps and teared up the second the band started. I sat with grin on my face for most of the show. I laughed, I Laughed harder and cried.

If you get the chance to go see Waitress then I certainly encourage you to do so.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment