Saturday 16 March 2019

I’ve Got A Secret For The Mad // Project 365 // Day 75


artist dodie graced the barrowlands stage on March 15th, to a sold out crowd, full of energy and sad songs.

I've been a longtime listener after hearing Carrie Hope Fletcher and Celinde Schoenmaker cover "adored by him" in 2014  I became interested in the songstress.

I didn't know what to expect from a dodie gig, they tend to sell out fast, the crowd seemed to have a good mix but the large amount of yellow t-shirt (is it tho?) flower crowned young fans left me feeling old, seriously when did everyone get so young and amongst them dutiful parents who deserve all the parental points.

We caught the end of Orla Gartland's set and having heard of her but never listened to her before she's someone I'm going to check out.

Kawala really impressed me though, they had a really good sound and a lot of energy. A natural stage presence and were quite funny. Definitely a band to give a moment too.

dodie's set was amazing, though softly spoken and can be hard to hear over the cheers of the crowd she seemed in her element, and though you could argue that there are one too many sad songs in her repertoire her fans don't seem to mind. 

There's a hopeful ambiguity to a lot of them. 


And the energetic finale left the crowd buzzing.  


I don't go to gigs as much as I used to and last night really left me wondering why, there is honestly no better feeling than being in a room with people who find comfort in the same lyrics you do.


separate but the same.

each experiencing the same moment differently.


"I've got a secret for the mad
in a little bit of time it won't
hurt so bad"

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment