Friday 18 January 2019

City on Fire // Project 365 // Day 18

City On Fire is the latest album release from one of my favourite artists Tyler Hilton released today I have chosen a picture from when I saw him in 2015. I've been lucky enough to see this talented man live 5 (I think) times now. If you ever get the opportunity I honestly would urge you not give up the chance I first saw him live in 2012 and saw one of his shows last year and its been an experience every time.

It's been just over four years since Hilton's last album release, instead choosing to release EP Live in the Garden and Various singles which have all been leading us to here,  a new album Hilton's self proclaimed break from 'artistic jail' and creating the sound he originally set out to make.

Hilton's Lyrics have tis undeniably honest storytelling way about. There's a real raw emotion that pours out of tracks like "I don't wanna be scared" and "When I see you, I see home", there's awe in "the way that she loves", there's relief in "When the night moves",  there's grit behind "City on Fire", frustration in "Overtime" and a whole lot of fun in in "Find me one.

His songs are relateable You can find reflections of real life within them. This album has definitely been worth the wait.

I look forward to the next UK tour. But until that time comes, I'll be over here listening to these great new tunes. And with Tyler Hilton hinting that a new EP won't be long to follow up with the material he left off the album It seems like this is going to be a great year for fans of his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment