Friday 25 January 2019

Conscious // Project 365 // Day 25


I nearly booked a solo trip to London.

This isn't a big scary thing for me, I've down solo trips before. I'm comfortable being alone. Its a life skill I believe everyone should learn.

But I didn't book it.

Not as a solo trip anyway.

Waitress is transferring to West End and since its easier for me to get to London than New York I decided to treat myself. But I created this huge negative narrative in my head of what people might think if I made it a solo venture that I stopped myself from doing so.

I've never been ultra aware of what people think of me . I don't know why but it just never really bothered me, I did my own thing, like the things I liked, did what I wanted to do. I sent seek companionship for every moment of my life. I don't need it.

But recently I've become so self-conscious of how I'm perceived. And it's beginning to stunt the thing I do and don't do I say year to things and no to things and I take into consideration of what other people may think.

But the big thing it effects is my social media presence. I have not felt free to express my self on my youtube channel or blog in so long because I have such small following I think what the point. And then I wonder how pathetic people perceive it if I do try.

So I stop trying.

I'm working to reverse this.

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment