Sunday 6 January 2019

Make Effort for People who Make Effort for You // 365 project // Day 6

Yesterday I wrote about how I was miles outside my comfort zone going to a day out for a birthday of a friend. And one of my reasons for going was challenging myself outside of my comfort zone. Seeking new and unfamiliar territory. 

The main reason though was that this year my aim is to make effort for people who make effort for me. And my friend is someone who makes effort to see me, to text. And this year I want to make sure I’m returning the favour. Not just for her but all the people in my life who make the effort. 

I’m going to stop putting a lot of effort into one sided friendships. And start putting in effort to the people who can often be taken for granted because they're always there. 

Putting in the effort can be rewarding, whither instantaneous like last night where going out resulted in meeting friendly new people and discovering new cocktails bars that I will certainly be returning to.  Other times it may take a while to see your effort paid off like with exercise or eating healthier but no matter the case if you put effort into the right things then you will reap the positive side effects. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment